Planned Giving, also known as Legacy Giving, is a unique charitable tool that makes it possible for you to support the work of Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue for years to come. Your gift will enable us to continue our mission to rescue animals and save lives while also fulfilling your own personal financial goals and objectives. Planned giving is the perfect solution because it allows you to have a much greater, long-term financial impact than a one-time gift while also providing you with certain tax advantages.
Advantages of Planned Giving
- Ensures that CAAR’s dedicated work rescuing adoptable dogs and cats from county shelters continues.
- Expands your own personal tradition of giving.
- Recognizes your vision and generosity, memorializes a loved one, or provides a way for you to donate anonymously.
- May allow you to increase your current income; plan for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one; provide a means to contribute more than you thought possible.
Giving to Charlie’s Angels
What to Give
Planned gifts include bequests made through your will or estate plan, gifts that provide income to you and others for life.
Gifts can include:
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Appreciated Stocks and Bonds
- Assets from your IRA
How to Give
- Will or Codicil – You can designate Charlie’s Angels as a beneficiary through a will or codicil for a specific amount or a percentage of your estate.
- Retirement Plan Assets – Donate assets from your retirement account to Charlie’s Angels. The funds support the rescue and reduce your tax obligation. Discuss the process of updating the beneficiary with your retirement plan administrator.
- Charity Gift Annuity/Charitable Remainder Trust – Transfer cash or appreciated property to CAAR and you are paid a fixed income for life.
How Can I Make a Difference Now?
In addition to establishing an ongoing planned giving program, there are ways you can donate now to support our mission and provide tax advantages for yourself.
IRA Asset Contributions
If you are 70 1/2 or older, you can donate up to $100,000 tax free from your IRA every year. Normally, when you take an IRA distribution, that money is treated as taxable income. With this newer provision, money from your IRA distribution that is donated to a charity is not taxed. The distribution must be made directly from your IRA administrator to Charlie’s Angels in order to be non-taxable. Unlike a regular IRA withdrawal the distribution is not included in your income so you avoid potential tax consequences. Consult your tax advisor or financial advisor for current laws and guidelines.
Donating appreciated stock is a cashless transaction that yields double tax benefits for donors. First, you receive an itemized deduction equal to the fair market value of the stock. Second you do not have to realize the gain on the appreciation of the securities. For more information on Planned Giving and how it can work for you, contact your financial advisor.
Thank You To Our Partners Who Support Our Work
We rely on generous sponsors to help us continue our mission to save animals.